Embedded help - on an Android app

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Jamie Bodley-Scott

Embedded help - on an Android app

Unread post by Jamie Bodley-Scott »

We want to use the new responsive skin for an embedded help application on a new Android app we are developing.

Today we have embedded help thus: https://help.cryptzone.com/userguide/v1/otp.html which avoids the TOC you get with help.cryptzone.com/userguide/v1/index.html?otp.html
We don't need the TOC in this case.

For Android we want to use the new responsive skins.
We also want to embed the view in the app too so we don't need to switch to the browser.
And we want to avoid the TOC again.
Starting from the new skin we are using (for our amin part) https://help.cryptzone.com/adminguide/v2/index.html I see we can turn off the index and search in navigation. But I want to tun off the TOC! Is there a way of doing this that you know of?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Embedded help - on an Android app

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Jamie,
But I want to tun off the TOC! Is there a way of doing this that you know of?
That is not possible, and it's also not necessary. If you only want to display single topics you can do that with simple hyperlinks in your pages using the new field-level topics option introduced in Premium Pack 3.1. This allows you to display entire topics from your help in the same way as the field-level popups. Like the popups, they are draggable and resizable and unlike popups, they also support toggles. Each field-level topic has a bar at the top that will open it in the entire help interface in a new tab if the user wants to continue browsing.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Jamie Bodley-Scott

Please can you point me to the help on this.
Thanks
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Jamie,
Jamie Bodley-Scott wrote:Please can you point me to the help on this.
The help for the Premium Pack is always in the same place, in the Help & Manual Premium Pack 3.xx chapter in the main Help & Manual help. It is added there when you install the Premium Pack. The features of the responsive skins are described in the V3 Responsive Skins chapter.

Important: Make sure that the version number in the title is 3.10 and not 3.00, 3.01 or 3.02, because the field-level topics were not available before that version. You can download update installer with the same download link from the mail you received when you purchased the Premium Pack. If you have lost this please contact support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will help you out.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Jamie Bodley-Scott

Hi Tim
I think I am being stupid but........

I have found http://www.helpandmanual.com/help/index ... ldpops.htm and it says you can not use field level for plain html help.

I have searched for a Help & Manual Premium Pack 3.xx chapter and can not find it.

I have searched for V3 Responsive Skins chapter and can not find it.

Thanks.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Jamie,
Jamie Bodley-Scott wrote:I have found ... and it says you can not use field level for plain html help.

That's correct. The field-level features for WebHelp are a special feature of the V3 responsive skins only.
I have searched for a Help & Manual Premium Pack 3.xx chapter and can not find it. I have searched for V3 Responsive Skins chapter and can not find it.
Have you installed Premium Pack 3? As part of the install process you need to specify where your Help & Manual 7 folder is. If you don't do that the help won't be added to the main Help & Manual help.
Regards,

Private support:
Jamie Bodley-Scott

I found it - in the installed help.
I was looking on your web help :naughty: