Premium Pack copyright comment in Webhelp output

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

DanaFujikawa

Premium Pack copyright comment in Webhelp output

Unread post by DanaFujikawa »

I've generated webhelp output for my client using H&M with the premium pack add on, and they noticed the following comment in all of the HTML files:

<!-- Premium Pack Version 1.52 for HM6 Template design Copyright (c) 2008-2011 by Tim Green -->

What are the licensing issues implied by this comment and the use of the premium pack for skinning?

Also, is there an easy way to remove this comment using H&M?

Thanks.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Premium Pack copyright comment in Webhelp output

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dana,

This simply means that you can't resell or reuse the code developed as part of these templates for other purposes without written permission. There is no restriction on how you can publish the documentation created using the templates, of course, and you are also free to alter code, provided you include a comment stating that you have done so. This comment should not be removed from any use of the templates, it is legally required.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
DanaFujikawa

Unread post by DanaFujikawa »

The webhelp that I generated for my client that contains this comment will be included in their product. Just to clarify, I'm assuming there is no legal issue preventing them from doing so?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dana,
DanaFujikawa wrote:The webhelp that I generated for my client that contains this comment will be included in their product. Just to clarify, I'm assuming there is no legal issue preventing them from doing so?
No, that's not a problem at all. That is part of the intended use. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.