License Question

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

matthew.vollnhofer

License Question

Unread post by matthew.vollnhofer »

We have purchased a premium pack license and I have been customizing an HTML skin. Once I am done, a colleague will be responsible for publishing.
1. Does he need an additional premium pack license to use the skin I have customized?
2. If yes, can I transfer my license to him?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: License Question

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Matthew,

Everyone who works with the Premium Pack skins or uses them for publishing needs a license -- it is the same as working with or using Help & Manual. So if you are both working with the PP as you describe then you both need licenses, just as you do for Help & Manual. If you need to purchase an additional license write to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we'll send you a discount coupon link to reflect the volume discount for the total number of licenses you have. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
matthew.vollnhofer

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the Info

Regards
matthew.vollnhofer

Hi Tim,

Sorry to worry you again. I looked for the premimum pack EULA but could not find it. I guess these two questions might be in there.

1. If an employee leaves the company, can the license be transferred?
2. Can we save the premium pack templates to a source control system?

Thanks
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Matthew,

The EULA is displayed when you run the installer, you can copy it then.
matthew.vollnhofer wrote:1. If an employee leaves the company, can the license be transferred?
2. Can we save the premium pack templates to a source control system?
The answer to both questions is yes. You can transfer the license (also for Help & Manual) by writing to sales@ec-software.com with the name and address details of the previous and future licensee. And you can store .hmskin files in source control, but that isn't very effective since they are compressed binaries. So you would get saved states of each change, but it would be the entire file every time and you wouldn't be able to do any merging or diffing.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
matthew.vollnhofer

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the answers. My source control question was aimed at whether the template could be stored in a shared environment. Will it appear as a "demo template" for users that don't have the Premium Pack. Or should the template also only be stored locally by the Premium pack licensed user.

Regards,

Matthew
Tim Green
Site Admin

matthew.vollnhofer wrote:Will it appear as a "demo template" for users that don't have the Premium Pack. Or should the template also only be stored locally by the Premium pack licensed user.
It won't appear as a demo template, but as far as the licence is concerned everyone who creates Help & Manual output with the skins needs a licence (and it pays my rent... 8) ).
Regards,

Private support:
matthew.vollnhofer

Hi Tim,

Thanks. I am leaving at the end of the month and someone else will be working with permimum pack. I am just wanting to make sure that we handle your licenses correctly:-). So have I understood correctly that they can be stored on a shared location, but if anyone who uses them needs a license?

PS: If you don't mind can I tack and general H&M license question here. I have some automatic scripts to publish projects. Is there a restriction on how many instances I can have running on MY PC at one time. Ie. While one or more automatic scripts runs, can I also use H&M on my desktop

Matt
Tim Green
Site Admin

matthew.vollnhofer wrote:So have I understood correctly that they can be stored on a shared location, but if anyone who uses them needs a license?

That's right. :-)
matthew.vollnhofer wrote:I have some automatic scripts to publish projects. Is there a restriction on how many instances I can have running on MY PC at one time. Ie. While one or more automatic scripts runs, can I also use H&M on my desktop
The only restriction on the number of instances would be your memory and processor. Actually, we encourage running multiple instances of Help & Manual. It's often easier to copy between projects when you are doing that than it is when you have multiple project open in the same instance. 8)

The only restriction on multiple instances is by users on different computers opening the same installation of Help & Manual at the same time from a server drive. Then you need one server licence for each concurrent user working at the same time.
Regards,

Private support: