Changing the search character limit when using v3 skin

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Helen Abbott

Changing the search character limit when using v3 skin

Unread post by Helen Abbott »

Hi,

Just wondering where the control is for changing the Search option "Skip words with less than x characters" when using a v3 responsive skin. In my project (Configuration > Publishing Options > Webhelp > Full Text Search), I've set it to 2, but it's not working in my WebHelp output, and I can't find an option to control this in the help for the PP Toolbox.

Thanks,
Helen Abbott
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Changing the search character limit when using v3 skin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Helen,

With PP Toolbox you can access all the search settings with Edit > Search Settings: View/Edit Search settings. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Helen Abbott

Unread post by Helen Abbott »

Thanks Tim - too obvious for me I guess :-) I was searching for "skip words" in the help, and found nothing. I find it a bit confusing that not all of the Toolbox pop-up help seems to be included at http://www.it-authoring.com/info/pp3help/index.html When I can't figure out how to do something and I know the help is on the web, I usually google it.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Helen,

Please don't use the online version of the PP help at the moment. It's not up to date because the current version is 3.1, and I'm not going to update it until 3.15 is out because the new version of the help project is already updated... 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.