Smartphone Skin- Swipe Left

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

woody

Smartphone Skin- Swipe Left

Unread post by woody »

Is there anyway to disable this function? Thanks
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Smartphone Skin- Swipe Left

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Woody,

No, sorry. This is part of the basic functionality of the skin, so it's not possible to disable it.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
woody

Unread post by woody »

The “Swipe Left and Right” feature is very sensitive on a narrow screen, and it’s easy to accidentally go back a page when you were attempting to scroll up or down on the page you’re already on. What about changing the default value of 50?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

woody wrote:The “Swipe Left and Right” feature is very sensitive on a narrow screen, and it’s easy to accidentally go back a page when you were attempting to scroll up or down on the page you’re already on. What about changing the default value of 50?
You can already do that, there's a configuration variable for exactly that purpose. You can set the value of the SWIPE_LENGTH variable to anything you like. However, I would be careful about setting it too high, because then it might become very difficult to get results at all.

If you edit the skin in Help & Manual you can adjust the variable setting in Configuration > Common Properties > Text Variables. If you edit it in PP Toolbox, you will find it in the Misc. Functions section of the Variables.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.