Are xResponsive tables working?

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Mark Wilsdorf

Are xResponsive tables working?

Unread post by Mark Wilsdorf »

Using PP 3.15...

I've tried every combo of things I can think of (every table sizing option; little text in cells, lots of text in cells; and the table style name is "Default xResponsive"), but I don't get the hoped-for xResponsive table reformatting on my smartphone (running Chrome on Android).

I know it's experimental...just wondering if it should be working, currently.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Are xResponsive tables working?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Mark,

You need a certain kind of table layout for it to work. Please mail me a small demo project of what you have set up that isn't working and I'll check it for you. Mail it to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @). :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Update: I just double-checked and xTables are working fine in 3.15. Note that the table must have exactly one header row, in addition to the xResponsive trigger name after a space in the table style name. Here is a small demo project with an xTable you can test it with.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Mark Wilsdorf

> Note that the table must have exactly one header row,

As soon as I read this, I realized this means the single header row must be designated in Table > Properties.

Sorry for my confusion.

They work great now, by the way.
Mark Wilsdorf

Are xResponsive tables designed to work if contained inside of a toggle table? It seems that in some cases they do; in some they don't.

On this page, xResponsive tables are contained inside a toggle but they work just fine. (Expand the Book Prices and Information toggle, then note that the book detail information is displayed as expected: http://www.goflagship.com/books.html.

But on these pages xResponsive tables fail. The downarrow graphic is displayed, but none of the table's column detail is hidden. And after the downarrow graphic is pressed once, then the table is only displayed as a normal table.:

http://www.goflagship.com/sst_download.html (Expand the FormCalc SST Installer toggle, then the Recent Changes/Version Numbers toggle.

http://www.goflagship.com/calcprod_compare.html Expand any toggle on the page. Each toggle has a table, inside of which is contained an xResponsive table.

Tim...I can send you the project if you want it. But I'm guessing you'll be able to tell me the as-designed conditions where xResponsive tables should work.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Mark,

They were never designed to work in toggles and haven't been tested there. I'll put it on the list for later. 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Mark Wilsdorf

Very good...thanks Tim.