TOC synchronization on phones

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Mark Wilsdorf

TOC synchronization on phones

Unread post by Mark Wilsdorf »

Trying to figure this out...

On a smartphone (Android), when I click a link that goes to another page, sometimes the TOC panel pops out and sometimes it doesn't--when it pops out, unrequested, it takes time to populate (slow on some browsers) and occludes most of the page, then has to be closed manually. (annoying)

I had thought this behavior had to do with whether links were to the main page vs. to an anchor within the page...but that doesn't seem to explain things.

All the phone browsers I've tried behave the same way, so this must be controlled by H&M.

How can I control this?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: TOC synchronization on phones

Unread post by Tim Green »

We'll look into this.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Mark Wilsdorf

Unread post by Mark Wilsdorf »

Tim,

Just wanted to update you on this: It is no longer happening!

I think the problem went away when I tightened up my page design so that over-width images and tables no longer broke the layout on phones.

So I never identified a specific, repeatable failure case...other than, perhaps, me :wink: .
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update -- I'm not surprised. I tested it extensively and could never reproduce what you described anywhere, so my guess is that it was something in what you adjusted.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.