TOC tab removal

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Jamie Bodley-Scott

TOC tab removal

Unread post by Jamie Bodley-Scott »

If you turn of search and index then you are just left with TOC.
But TOC still has a tab. Which is now quite pointless.
How do you suggest making the Tab vanish?.............of if you can't then consider this a product improvement suggestion :wink:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: TOC tab removal

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Jamie,

At the moment you can't eliminate the tab. We haven't changed that because the number of users not activating search or the index is so very very small. I've made a note of it for possible changes, but don't hold your breath because the priority is very low... :wink:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Simon Dismore

Unread post by Simon Dismore »

Jamie Bodley-Scott wrote:How do you suggest making the Tab vanish?
This hack to a copy of Minimalist_Standard.hmskin worked for me in the desktop browser:
  1. Navigate to Configuration > HTML Page Templates Default
  2. Find <div id="contentsbox" class="navbox on"> (it's the line below <!-- NAV TABS END -->)
  3. Add style="top: 0", so the element becomes <div id="contentsbox" class="navbox on" style="top: 0">
  4. Navigate to Configuration > Publishing Options > Webhelp > Navigation
  5. Deselect the Keyword Index and Full Text Search
  6. Save and publish something using the updated skin (I tested with the Getting Started sample)
Looks fine. Nice for getting a website up quickly. I don't know whether it's safe or legal though... you'd need Tim's advice on that.
Jamie Bodley-Scott

That works well - 100% well on desktop and 99% well on mobile where there is a slight bump where the tab used to be. Thanks.
Simon Dismore

Unread post by Simon Dismore »

Jamie Bodley-Scott wrote:99% well on mobile where there is a slight bump where the tab used to be.
If the bump is from the tab it might help to insert style="display:none;" into <nav id="navpane_tabs"> (the line after <!-- NAV TABS START -->). So the element would read <nav id="navpane_tabs" style="display:none;">. Can't do any harm.

Re your Hanging indents next to Images post, you need list-style-position:inside; rather than outside on the <ul>. But I don't know how to get H&M to do that... :frustration:
Jamie Bodley-Scott

And the bump is now gone too.
Thanks Simon