New skin 320 wrong output

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Paul Elbertse

New skin 320 wrong output

Unread post by Paul Elbertse »

Hi,

I think something is wrong with the new V3 responsive skin 3.20.
I have the new H&M installed and installed the new 3.20 skins.
I have used unedited skins.

I am using the FlateSlateblue skin and also tried the skins Minimalist dark and the minimalist standard.
They all give the wrong output.
I have also tested the new H&M version with a 315 responsive skin, that works just fine.

Image skin315 is what I expect.
Image skin320 is the new skin.

Hope you can help.

Regards,

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: New skin 320 wrong output

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Paul,

I just double-checked this with a fresh download and installation and everything is working fine. Please publish to an empty folder and delete all the files in your old web server folder when you upload. Alternatively, upload to a new empty folder on the server and then change the names of the folders on the server after uploading (this is the best way to have the shortest possible downtime when updating on the server).

Also, since a lot has changed, clear the cache in your browser before testing. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Paul Elbertse

Unread post by Paul Elbertse »

Hi Tim,

When I publish I do this first to a share, not the webserver.
This way I can check if everthing is ok before uploading to the webserver.
With this new skin I already created new folders.
I have cleared the cache several times.

The publish on the share is not loading correctly.
When I copy that publish to a webserver it is loaded fine.

I have also tried publishing to another share but I have the same wrong result there.

Loading in another browser than IE 11 (version 11.0.35) is fine, no problems.

So the problem lies in IE 11 when opening from a share.
I also noticed that when opening my publish, a fraction of a second it does not load right but then it shows correctly. I also see this in other browsers with the current 3.15 skin.

Hope you can help.

Regards,
Paul
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Paul,
When I publish I do this first to a share, not the webserver.
If it is working correctly on the web server then that confirms that the output from Help+Manual is correct and that the problem is on your share. I'm afraid it's not possible to say from here what the cause could be, but the most likely is that JavaScript is being blocked there. If you are using Help+Manual's automatic WebHelp display after publishing on the share then that won't work because it's a network and the local web server only works on local drives. To test this try publishing to a local folder and you will find that it works OK.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.