Page Backgrounds

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

tinat

Page Backgrounds

Unread post by tinat »

Hi,
I am trying out a "Boxed" V3 Responsive Skin from the 3.20 release. I would like to remove the background image from the header box completely. I followed the steps from the manual, however when I publish the stock background image is still displaying.

Per the H&M Manual (Navigation: Help+Manual Premium Pack 3.20 > V3 Responsive Skins > Configuring for Use: Page Backgrounds)
No background in the header box

If you don't want any background in the header box set the PAGEHEAD_BG_IMAGE variable to spacer.gif. This is a 1x1 pixel transparent GIF file that prevents the image reference from being invalid and causing errors. Then set the PAGEHEAD_BG_COLOR variable to a suitable color or to transparent if you want the page background to be visible through the header box.

I'm not quite sure what I have missed/am doing wrong.
Thanks, Tina
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Page Backgrounds

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Tina,

Just checking all bases here:
  • Make sure that you are using the same skin that you edited to publish with and not the default in the Help+Manual program folder. You may need to select the Select Skin bar and navigate to the location where you saved it.
  • You are editing in the skin and not in your project, right? (Some people misunderstand this and add the described variables to the project, and that won't work.
  • Remember to save and close the skin you have edited before using it.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
tinat

Unread post by tinat »

Hi Tim,
I saved a copy of the installed skins to my desktop to work off of. I made the edits in that skin, saved it, selected it, and published it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks, Tina
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Tina,

From the selection it looks as though you may have accidentally added some spaces after "transparent". Check that and delete them if they're there. If you continue to have problems mail me the skin at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I'll check it for you. Please include a brief description of the issue (I handle a LOT of mails every day...). 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.