WordPress

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Shapiro Cloud

WordPress

Unread post by Shapiro Cloud »

Does anyone here have success using the WordPress component of HM V7? Is there a site link you can share that would show it working?

I am a HM V5 customer assessing if I should upgrade to HM V7. Since there is no trial for the Premium Pack and I do not have the patience to buy and then return if the WordPress functionality does not work well, I am turning to the community to get review, comments or feedback.

Thank you very much in advance if you can shed some light on this!!!

Rob->
Shapiro Cloud

Re: WordPress

It's a little distressing that no one seems to be using the WordPress plugin.

@Tim --- do you know of any web sites or customers that are using it? Does H+M themselves have anything (i.e. screen shots) that at least shows how it operates?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Lots of people are using it; they probably just don't have the time to answer your question or are only visiting the forum if they have specific questions themselves. There are very few forum members (almost none) who actually answer questions from other users, unfortunately.

As you probably know, European data protection laws prevent us from just passing on the addresses of customers. The easiest and quickest solution for you is really to just buy the inexpensive add-on and return it if you don't like it. 8)

See this page in the Premium Pack help for details on the plugin:

http://www.it-authoring.com/info/pp3hel ... press.html
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Shapiro Cloud

Ok, but it would have been helpful of the documentation had a few screen shots to show the outcome.

When the documentation says "You can activate only embedded WebHelp, only field-level popups and topics, or both." --- does this mean the user will get the full blown (html) screen (the embedded WebHelp)? I see a note that says if it does not fit right, there is an option in the hamburger menu to show full screen which is what I would like. Is there a way to let the user know this or does that have to be in text I put on the front page?

Thanks Tim.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Shapiro Cloud wrote:Ok, but it would have been helpful of the documentation had a few screen shots to show the outcome.

That wouldn't really be helpful because we can't make a screenshot of your Wordpress page... 8)
When the documentation says "You can activate only embedded WebHelp, only field-level popups and topics, or both." --- does this mean the user will get the full blown (html) screen (the embedded WebHelp)?
See the topics on embedded WebHelp and field-level help to understand what this means:

http://www.it-authoring.com/info/pp3hel ... d_web.html
http://www.it-authoring.com/info/pp3hel ... dpops.html
http://www.it-authoring.com/info/pp3hel ... dtops.html
I see a note that says if it does not fit right, there is an option in the hamburger menu to show full screen which is what I would like. Is there a way to let the user know this or does that have to be in text I put on the front page?
If the user looks in the menu this should be self-explanatory, but you can include information on this in your help if you like.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Shapiro Cloud

So, just confirming, but users will have this experience?

https://www.screencast.com/t/KOwEeDibZG8
That wouldn't really be helpful because we can't make a screenshot of your Wordpress page... 8)
True, but perhaps consider taking a screen shot from your testing environment. As you know, pictures are worth 1,000+ words...
Tim Green
Site Admin

What you see will depend on whether you are using embedded help or popups or popup topics. The embedded help will look like your screenshot, but in a box on your page, and can be expanded to full window over the WordPress background. Popups and popup topics are displayed from links in your normal WordPress postings and display like any other popup, over your WordPress page.

OK, we'll consider adding a few more screenshots to the WordPress instructions. 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Shapiro Cloud

Thank you on both Tim!