V3 Template removing gradient behind the help title.

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Dan Rosen

V3 Template removing gradient behind the help title.

Unread post by Dan Rosen »

I've used to toolbox to update one of the V3 templates, remove most of the graphics. However, I can't seem to get rid of the gradient behind the Help Title in a webhelp (see attachment).

Attached is an image of the Webhelp page, and another attachment with the settings for Page & Header Background.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: V3 Template removing gradient behind the help title.

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dan,

It's not possible to have configuration settings for all aspects of the appearance and layout -- then there would be hundreds of variables and you wouldn't see the wood for the trees. This setting is in the hmwebhelp_main_xxx.css files in the Baggage (desktop, tablet and phone versions). Look for the h1.page_header definition and change the background setting from linear-gradient to the setting of your choice.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dan Rosen

Thanks very much Tim. Two comments:

1. If you're going to allow the page_header font-family and color to be configured via a variable, I would suggest that the background should be as well. I spent at least an hour looking and playing around for this variable before asking for help. To me, it doesn't make sense that everything around the header can be configured via variables except for the background.

2. The Help in the Premium Pack Toolbox appears to be a modal-less dialog but is configured to be on top of all other applications. Can this be changed to a child of the Toolbox so it doesn't appear on top of every other window on my system?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Dan Rosen wrote:The Help in the Premium Pack Toolbox appears to be a modal-less dialog but is configured to be on top of all other applications. Can this be changed to a child of the Toolbox so it doesn't appear on top of every other window on my system?
I'll look into that for the next update. It's too late for the upcoming 3.42, unfortunately. :?
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dan Rosen

Tim,

Where would I change this footer?

"Created with Help & Manual 7 and styled with Premium Pack Version 3 © by EC Software"
Tim Green
Site Admin

Dan Rosen wrote:Where would I change this footer?
http://www.it-authoring.com/info/pp3hel ... dfoot.html
Regards,

Private support:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Dan,

The 3.42 update was delayed slightly because of a new issue in CHM caused by a change by Microsoft. That gave me time to also fix the help window stacking in Toolbox. It will now display on top of the Toolbox application only, not on top of everything. 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Dan Rosen

Thanks Tim. Appreciate the quick turnaround on my questions and the Toolbox help GUI.