Webhelp_SlateGrey skin - where to edit Feeback to:

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Dave Gehman

Webhelp_SlateGrey skin - where to edit Feeback to:

Unread post by Dave Gehman »

I've entered our documentation feedback to: address in PPT (left side of image below), but the email that appears when you click on the Feedback option in the center of the top navbar is still suppport@ec-software (right portion of the graphic below).

Where does this variable get edited?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Webhelp_SlateGrey skin - where to edit Feeback to:

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dave,

That is where you edit it. My guess is that you either didn't save the skin after editing, or that you are not publishing with the edited copy of the skin. Note that you must make a copy of the skin somewhere to be able to edit it. You can't edit the original directly in the subfolder of the HM program folder; that's why we put them there, so that you'll always have an unedited original. After you create the edited copy you need to click on the Select Skin bar in the Publish screen and then use the small "Open Skin..." entry in the menu displayed to navigate to and select the copy.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dave Gehman

Yes, was working on a copy.

Save was grayed out, so I couldn't save.

However, I didn't re-load the skin. I'll try that. Strange that some of the skin edits "took" and others, like the change to the To: field, didn't.
Dave Gehman

Yep, finally looked at skin source in Publish - Publish was indeed drawing from the wrong one. Not my day. Sorry.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Dave Gehman wrote:However, I didn't re-load the skin. I'll try that. Strange that some of the skin edits "took" and others, like the change to the To: field, didn't.
If you want to make absolutely sure, turn off the auto-save function in Edit > Preferences. Then when you edit something always press Tab after editing to exit the edit field. The field will then turn red if it has been changed. It hasn't registered as changed if it doesn't turn red.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.