Looking for WebHelp skin examples

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Chris Campbell

Looking for WebHelp skin examples

Unread post by Chris Campbell »

Hello,

I've been asked to look into updating the look and feel of our help output. I've been using H&M for years, but the skin I'm using is seen as dated. Is there a library of examples somewhere that I look at - beyond just the screen shots?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Looking for WebHelp skin examples

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Chris,

You can find all the standard skins and some demo versions of the Premium Pack skins in the \Templates\HTML Skins\ folder in the Help+Manual program directory. The Premium Pack demo versions all have the word DEMO in their names. You can publish with them but you can't edit or configure them because their contents are encrypted.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Chris Campbell

Unread post by Chris Campbell »

Thanks, Tim. I don't see any "demo" skins. When I test publish using one of the premium pack skins they don't look very good because they aren't configured correctly. I'm just looking for some modern looking examples of what others have done with skins.

Thanks,

Chris
Darren Rose

Unread post by Darren Rose »

Perhaps we need a post containing links to websites created using H&M and a note of what skin used etc - would be a useful showcase for users such as Chris to look at

e.g. here is my website

http://www.pcassistonline.co.uk/Helpand ... index.html

Skin used = PP3 - Flat_Blue_Diamond_WebHelp
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Darren,

Good idea, but we're going to have to look very carefully at how the draconian new EU GDPR personal data protection regulations coming into effect in May will affect this. We've already dodged one bullet on this by the fact that we have always strictly refused to ever hand out references to other customers on request, and we have never done any tracking of any kind at all -- even of HM usage.

For sample sites it will probably be necessary for me to set up a forum section for it, but all the links to the sites must be posted by the site owners themselves, not by us. The whole thing is a huge headache... :?
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Darren Rose

Unread post by Darren Rose »

Yes fair point, the whole GDPR thing is a nightmare and seems be to going backwards not forwards, especially in the UK when we are leaving EU anyway next year

But if as you say we post our own sites then shouldn't be a problem
Simon_Dismore

Unread post by Simon_Dismore »

Tim Green wrote:The whole [GDPR] thing is a huge headache...
If you don't mind saying, what sorts of personal data are you concerned about?
Darren Rose wrote:especially in the UK when we are leaving EU anyway next year
Mmm, but UK legislation will already be in place by then. Anyway per article 3 the GDPR applies if the data subject is in the EU, even if the controller/processor isn't.
if as you say we post our own sites then shouldn't be a problem [for EC Software]
Agree, though it might be wise to have a way to erase postings.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Simon,
If you don't mind saying, what sorts of personal data are you concerned about?
I'd like to know that too. I'm still looking into it and trying to work out to what extent forums like this will be affected by the legislation and how to deal with it.
Mmm, but UK legislation will already be in place by then. Anyway per article 3 the GDPR applies if the data subject is in the EU, even if the controller/processor isn't.
Exactly. American companies are going to have to deal with this as well.
Agree, though it might be wise to have a way to erase postings.
That is easy. I would just need to configure the normal forum members user group to allow users to delete their own postings without a time limit.
Regards,

Private support: