Minimalizing Minimalist skin

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Minimalizing Minimalist skin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dave,

I've been watching this thread with interest -- glad to see you're getting there. The suggestions have been great, so I didn't feel any need to butt in... 8) One note though: If you're going to have users accessing the documentation with mobile devices you will also need to edit the *_phone.css and *_tablet.css versions of the files.

Now that the technology of V3 is pretty solid, less boxy and more modern versions of the skins based on the same technology are on my ToDo list.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dave Gehman

Unread post by Dave Gehman »

Tim Green wrote:Hi Dave,

I've been watching this thread with interest -- glad to see you're getting there. The suggestions have been great, so I didn't feel any need to butt in... 8)
Appreciate your watching, and no, I don't think I needed anything more than what was given to me by Martin and sizbut. Your help and the community's help here is second to none.
One note though: If you're going to have users accessing the documentation with mobile devices you will also need to edit the *_phone.css and *_tablet.css versions of the files.
So far, this has been a proof of concept editing session. Niceties like tablet and phone are still a bit in the future.
Now that the technology of V3 is pretty solid, less boxy and more modern versions of the skins based on the same technology are on my ToDo list.
Good to hear. Any thought about making more attributes easily configurable in PPT?... although you'll never possibly cover every thing that every end user wants to muck with...
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Good to hear. Any thought about making more attributes easily configurable in PPT?... although you'll never possibly cover every thing that every end user wants to muck with...
This is a difficult balancing act. There are already a lot of variables and every new parameter adds a lot more. For example, just a setting for borders would mean nine additional variables at least -- three each for each device category to cover thickness, color and corner curvature... :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.