Help! PPT says I've deleted a file (but I didn't...)

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Dave Gehman

Help! PPT says I've deleted a file (but I didn't...)

Unread post by Dave Gehman »

This may be the result of sudden power loss during a major storm.

I have found the following alert floating around my open programs:

Never would I delete a baggage file, and certainly not this footer, which I've editing to include our company and product info. When I right-clicked the file in PPT, my edited version opens in Notepad++ and seems to be fine.

Then, when I closed PPT per the instructions above, I see this:

I'm stuck at the moment, because I don't understand "Keep this file in editor?"

Is "editor" referring to PPT? Or is "editor" referring to Notepad++?

I certainly DON'T want to delete this file -- and I didn't delete it in the first place.

What's my next step? I don't want to make the wrong decision on the "Keep non existing file" dialog.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Help! PPT says I've deleted a file (but I didn't...)

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dave,

Not to worry, this is all only referring to the temporary file that you are actually editing when you load something into your editor from Toolbox. You never edit in the skin directly. Toolbox monitors the temporary file for changes and either shows you that there is a change (red highlight) or updates the internal file, if you have configured automatic updates on changes.

When you close your skin or project in Toolbox, the temporary file is automatically deleted, thus the message in your editor. If you open the project in Toolbox again you will find that the original baggage file is still there.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dave Gehman

Re: Help! PPT says I've deleted a file (but I didn't...)

Unread post by Dave Gehman »

Ah - so these are messages from Notepad++...?

Thanks. Much relieved.