Impossible to get the TOC completely expanded

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Patrick Dardenne

Impossible to get the TOC completely expanded

Unread post by Patrick Dardenne »

Hi Tim,
I am upgrading an old help demo to H+M 7.3.4, using the 3.43 PP V3 responsive skin "Minimalist_Plain_White_WebHelp.hmskin".
The fact is that I cannot get the TOC completely expanded, either at the help opening and after the opening.
I attach 2 screencaptures with both the related Skin and Project options, which I think are correct to get it completely expanded at opening or later.
The behavior is that it closes your current entry/main entry once you click on an entry belonging to another main entry (behavior which I have normally disable, as you can see).

Thank you for your help.
Best wishes,
Patrick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Impossible to get the TOC completely expanded

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Patrick,

This is by design in the V3 skins because of the way the TOC is handled to minimize the amount of memory required for it by the browser. The TOC in V3 is completely dynamic and only what you see actually exists at all. The entries in a TOC branch are not created until you open the branch and they are deleted again when you close it. This makes it much faster to load the TOC, and makes it possible to handle much larger TOCs on mobile devices. The keyword index is handled in the same way.

We may add an option to generate the entire TOC in a future version but at the moment this is restricted and not possible for maximum performance.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.