Possible to apply premium-skin feature to existing skin?

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Elissa Miller

Possible to apply premium-skin feature to existing skin?

Unread post by Elissa Miller »

Despite not being a developer of any kind, I've been successfully using Help+Manual for years to generate my organization's online help files and I am using the latest version of 7.

Because I am not a developer, even the minor edits I've made to customize one of the default skins required two posts and two helpful answers from Tim Green. However, there's one specific feature in Premium Pack skins that I really want to use--the ability to successfully link to an anchor within a closed toggle table and have the table automatically open. So, I've purchased the current Premium Pack package.

Is there any way at all to "transfer" that premium-skin function into my existing skin? The existing skin is absolutely perfect for our needs in every way except that it does not support links to anchors in toggle tables.

Like every question I've asked in the forums, I realize this is an order of magnitude more basic than any of the current threads (I did mention that I'm not a developer, right?), so thanks in advance for your patience and your help.

--Elissa M.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Possible to apply premium-skin feature to existing skin?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Elissa,
Is there any way at all to "transfer" that premium-skin function into my existing skin? The existing skin is absolutely perfect for our needs in every way except that it does not support links to anchors in toggle tables.
Sorry, but I'm afraid that isn't possible. Making this work required a complete rewrite of all the toggle code and that is generated automatically by Help+Manual for the standard skins. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.