Issue with PP 3.46 and toggles

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Paul Elbertse

Issue with PP 3.46 and toggles

Unread post by Paul Elbertse »

Good morning,

I am having a problem with premium pack, responsive skin version 3.46.
I am using skin Minimalist_standard_webhelp. I have also tried unedited skins from this version.

What is the issue:
I have a bookmark in a dropdown toggle, at the beginning of the toggle.
This bookmark contains keywords.
When searching for a keyword, clicking on the result, the topic is loaded but the dropdown toggle is not opened.
Moreover, you cannot navigate in the topic anymore.

This works correct in older skins, like from version 3.45, which I implemented quickly last night after finding this issue.

I hope you can fix this.

Thanks
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Issue with PP 3.46 and toggles

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Paul,

I've tested this extensively and cannot reproduce the problem. Please check your email, where I've requested a small demo project. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Paul Elbertse

Unread post by Paul Elbertse »

Tim,

First I have to say that I meant Anchors and keywords, not bookmarks.
I am struggling in creating a small project which has this issue.
It appears that the issue happens on larger projects.
In your own examples (helpman.hmxp) which come with your program, I added a keyword called Format list in topic HM_Working_Formatting_Lists_Styles.
Then I published with skin Minimalist_Dark_WebHelp.hmskin, version 3.46. The issue appears here too. The dropdown toggle does not open and you cannot navigate anymore in this topic nor in the rest of the project's webhelp output.

I hope you can use your own project because on smaller projects the issue is not consistent. Then there is an issue and the next moment there is no issue.

Responsive Skins from version 3.45 do not have this issue.

Regards,

Paul
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Paul,

I understood you were referring to anchors. I just tested this extensively with the project, topic, skin and anchor you suggest and it is working perfectly in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, IE and Chredge (the new Chrome version of Edge). My guess is that there may be an error in the placement of the anchor. If you want anchors to work correctly with toggles it's essential to place the anchor as the very first item in the toggle header, directly to the left of the toggle icon.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.