V3 WebHelp (3.48) highlight bugs!?

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

markusflow

V3 WebHelp (3.48) highlight bugs!?

Unread post by markusflow »

Hi all,

I got some problems with highlighting search strings in the default (not changed) templates of Premium Pack. Due to this post (https://helpman.it-authoring.com/viewto ... ght#p66450), I explicitly tested it with the latest 3.48.

1) Old and new search strings are both highlighted in one topic:

I search for a string and click on a search result. The search word is highlighted. I then search again for another string, the result show shows the same result page as for the first string. I click on this page again. Result: Both strings are highlighted.
highlightedoldnew.jpg
2) Only occurres in Chrome: I need to click twice on a search result to get the search string highlighted in the topic.
Search a string
Get a result with highlight
Click on a result link
Topic opens without highlight
Click on the result link again
String is highlighted in topic

Are these known issues or is there any chance to solve this issues by myself?

Thanks for you help, Markus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: V3 WebHelp (3.48) highlight bugs!?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Markus,

My guess is that this is related to the fact that the string contains dots/periods. This is an edge case and not really searchable text and it is quite possible that it will trip up the search engine. Can you reproduce it with normal text?

If you continue to have problems please mail me a small demo project at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I'll investigate it.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
markusflow

Hello Tim,

thanks for your reply and apologies for my late response.
I can confirm that this also occurs with normal text. I will provide detailed information, example project and the used hmskins from the 3.48 package via email in a few minutes.

Thanks for your support.
markusflow

Problem solved. Tim provided updated skins in just one day after my support email.

=> Great software. Great support. Very happy customers.

Thanks a lot! Keep up the great work.

Markus