How to find out where to edit?

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Peter Muckle

How to find out where to edit?

Unread post by Peter Muckle »

Hi Tim,

I'm struggling to work out how to find the correct place to edit skins, for example Minimalist_Blue_Diamond_WebHelp

I've worked most of it out, but can't see where to change the colour of borders in the ToC frame, as below:
toc.png
Thanks

Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: How to find out where to edit?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Peter,

In the current version this has to be edited in the CSS files, but the sections where these things are are commented. There are separate files for the main page and then also for the TOC, Index and Search page contents. And each of these files has three versions for the desktop, tablet and phone modes (only the files needed for the current device are loaded). The names of the files are hmwebhelp_main_xxx.css, hmwebhelp_toc_xxx.css, hmwebhelp_index_xxx.css and hmwebhelp_search_xxx.css. The xxx stands for desktop, tablet and phone, respectively in each case.

This is all going to be made a lot easier in the next major version. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.