Tables with 'phone' style have gone away!

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Mark Wilsdorf

Tables with 'phone' style have gone away!

Unread post by Mark Wilsdorf »

I've been maintaining a Web site using using H&M and PP skins for a good while, including the desk_tablet and phone table styles to show some content differently on those devices.

Suddenly none of the phone-styled tables are now visible when the site is viewed via phone. (I don't know when it happened, because I don't always test minor site updates by viewing on a phone).

I've tested the site using several different browsers (Chrome, Vivaldi, Brave) and it behaves the same way on all. Using an Android ver. 9 phone.

Also, I've set up a test page with minimal content: 4 one-row tables with only text and or text/graphics as content (2 tables for phone, and 2 for desk_tablet), and even on this simple page the 2 phone tables do not appear when viewed on a phone, while the 2 desk_tablet tables show up fine in a desktop browser. The page is here: http://www.goflagship.com/test2.html

I have not tweaked the skin for a long, long time, (not since Feb. 2018) so I don't think this is due to any changes I might have made.

Looks like some failure to detect the phone environment...what should I check?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Tables with 'phone' style have gone away!

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting this. It is a very old bug that has never been noticed before. It's related to the xTables feature. To fix it, edit the hmwebhelp_main_phone.css file in the baggage and locate these lines:

Code: Select all

/* Responsive xTables Styles */
div.xtable_datablock {
	width: 100%;
	display: none;
	margin-bottom: 0.5rem;
	}
tr.phone {
	}
Change the tr.phone { line to table.xResponsive tr.phone { so that it looks like this:

Code: Select all

/* Responsive xTables Styles */
div.xtable_datablock {
	width: 100%;
	margin-bottom: 0.5rem;
	}
table.xResponsive tr.phone {
	}
That will fix it.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Mark Wilsdorf

Thanks Tim, but that didn't change anything.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Mark,

You probably didn't clear your browser cache. 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Mark Wilsdorf

Yeah...I had refreshed the pages but I guess I was just refreshing them from the cache!

As always Tim, thanks for your years and years of excellent help & support. It's one of the things that keeps H&M a cut above the competition.

I've never posted a problem which you folks have been unable to solve/fix.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Mark,

You're very welcome! We originally created Help+Manual for ourselves and so we try to provide the support we'd like to get while using it. We hope it shows. 8)
Regards,

Private support: