Toolbox 4.0.1 and greyed out options

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Mike Scott

Toolbox 4.0.1 and greyed out options

Unread post by Mike Scott »

I have twice downloaded and reinstalled the PP setup file having read you had problems with 4.0.1. Whatever happens it still shows 4.0.1 in the caption bar.
My problem is greyed out colour settings. Most of the colour settings are greyed out in the Color Picker, only a few are active. Can you please advise?

Thanks.
Mike Scott
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Toolbox 4.0.1 and greyed out options

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Mike,

The current version is 4.0.2. Is it possible that you're downloading from behind a proxy and not getting the latest version?

On the color settings: Are you trying to edit older skins from a previous version of the Pack? If so, you will only get very limited color support because those skins only have very few color variables. Also make sure that you have the advanced options activated in Edit > Preferences.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Mike Scott

No, not getting from a proxy. Just re-downloading (Chrome, Win10, always kept updated) from the original email from my purchase (17th Feb). Not editing older skins: using the brand-new ones in P.P. 4.02. My download does take some seconds to come through. I have two links to Premium Pack Toolbox Utility under EC Software. Cannot see which is which. One comes up with 3.46 Caption, the other with 4.01 (however many times I download from your site).

Can you please email me a fresh link to mike AT lexically DOT net? In the meantime I am removing all versions of PP altogether (reluctantly! I do value H&M!)

Afraid I have not had the usual good experience after my purchase.... I thought from past experience it'd be quite easy to migrate upwards.

Cheers -- Mike
Mike Scott
Tim Frost

Unread post by Tim Frost »

I have just re-downloded the updated PP also (which I was not aware of until reading this thread). My original installed PP Toolbox reported 4.0.0 in Help About.

The 4.0.2 setup executable has a version resource showing 4.0.2, but after installation, the Toolbox program reports 4.0.1 in the window caption and also in Help About. hmToolbox.exe has a file date 16/02/2020 and the exe version resource shows 1.0.0.0, so offers no help in discovering which version it really is.

A quick comparison of the skin files we use shows them to be the same as my originals (of which I kept a copy before adding our customization).
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Mike,

Thanks for pointing this out. That's just an error in the version setting. The date of the file shows that it really is the 4.0.2 executable. I'll fix that on the upcoming update. However, I'm still not sure what you mean by all the "greyed out" things. Which skin are you trying to edit?
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Mike Scott

This is what I mean
colours.png
or
colours2.png
Can they be freed up?

Cheers -- Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Scott
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Mike,

That is all normal and by design.
Can they be freed up?
No, because those are RGBA colors with transparency, which cannot be set with the picker. That is covered in the documentation. The picker just shows the non-transparency preview of the color for your information. To change those values you need to enter the decimal R, G and B values for the color and the value between 0 and 1 for the transparency directly in the column to the left of the picker. You can get the values from any HTML/CSS color picker reference, for example:

https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_picker.asp

The first three values must be between 0 and 255. The fourth for the transparency is between 0 and 1 with up to 2 decimal places. 0 is completely transparent, 1 is completely opaque. 0.50 is half way. No spaces.
Regards,

Private support:
Mike Scott

Thanks -------------- -------------------!
Mike Scott