Magazine Skin in PP4 is glitchy

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

cindynotbrady

Magazine Skin in PP4 is glitchy

Unread post by cindynotbrady »

We've tried building our site using the new Magazine style in Premium Pack 4. But so far, not loving the results. The Magazine Chapter overlay seems to stay open. When we link from our program to other topics (using F1 or even just direct links), the Magazine overlay is still over the top of it. I don't want it to show on a direct link.

Are you already aware of this glitchiness? Should I send you a copy of my help?

P.S. We are using H&M version 8, or the latest and greatest.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Magazine Skin in PP4 is glitchy

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Cindy,
The Magazine Chapter overlay seems to stay open. When we link from our program to other topics (using F1 or even just direct links), the Magazine overlay is still over the top of it.
You are most likely using "chapters without text" in your top-level chapters. That won't work with this skin because it depends on having a real topic with both content and a featured image in each top-level chapter. Otherwise the whole system will fail, because there is nowhere for anything to go. While you are at it, you should also eliminate all chapters without text from the entire project. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.