Boxed_Blue_Diamond_WebHelp - background

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ron Horn

Boxed_Blue_Diamond_WebHelp - background

Unread post by Ron Horn »

So through trial and error I've been able to find and adjust most colors in this skin. But I can't find the setting to change the blue background that everything else sits on top of.

I'm warming up to the tool, but find myself wishing for a page plastered with tags pointing to all the elements for each skin :)
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Boxed_Blue_Diamond_WebHelp - background

Unread post by Tim Green »

Particularly the boxed V3 skins still have quite a complex background. Here's the page you were looking for:

http://www.it-authoring.com/info/pp4hel ... agebg.html
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ron Horn

What am I missing? I changed the image at the top just to illustrate I was changing and producing with the same skin.

Also, the default background image PAGE_BG_IMAGE (blackpaisley.jpeg) is in no way ever displayed. What's up with that?

Maybe even though II don't want a background image for the "page", do other settings have to be changed in addition to the ones I changed to allow PAGE_BG_COLOR to work? Then again, technically spacer.gif IS an image, and that field is mandatory, so that would override PAGE_BG_COLOR?

:frustration:

https://www.screencast.com/t/CR3gXaDp
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ron,

The key to all this is the gradient overlay defined in PAGE_BG_OVERLAY. That is the actual "background color" in this case, and its transparency/opacity also controls the visibility of the tiled background image. If you change the opacity value in both the start and end colors of the gradient from 1 (fully opaque) to 0 (fully transparent) then you have no background color and the tiled background image is fully visible.

You can also change the background color by changing the RGB values of the gradient. If you set the start and end colors to the same values, which is the default in this skin, you get a single plain color. If you set them to different values you get a gradient, which you can adjust further by using a different tiled background image and combining it with partial transparency.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ron Horn

THANK YOU :D !!!

I was unfamiliar and had not explored that setting.