Publish Format: Multi-Page GIF Image

HelpXplain is the exciting new animated infographics and screencast tool that integrates with Help+Manual.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ga Bowen

Publish Format: Multi-Page GIF Image

Unread post by Ga Bowen »

Firstly, congratulations on HelpXplain. I must admit I didn't really see it in the beta phase but I completely get it now. It's like a more focussed Microsoft Sway plus the screencast feature. Looking forward to putting it through it's paces.

Anyway, I see that publishing to gif loses the animation part of the presentation. Will the animation feature be added at a later date?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Publish Format: Multi-Page GIF Image

Unread post by Tim Green »

Ga Bowen wrote:Anyway, I see that publishing to gif loses the animation part of the presentation. Will the animation feature be added at a later date?
That's probably not possible, I'm afraid. A Gif really shouldn't be used for anything more than a simple sequence of images, anything more than that would be overload. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Martin Wynne

Re: Publish Format: Multi-Page GIF Image

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Ga Bowen wrote:I see that publishing to gif loses the animation part of the presentation. Will the animation feature be added at a later date?
Most screen recording software can export animated GIFs. So it should be possible to record an animated xplain playing, and export it as a GIF. No video editing needed, so very quick to do. If you don't have any screen recording software, I recommend FlashBack (which is not Flash) from: https://www.flashbackrecorder.com/

The great thing about a GIF is how much easier it is to attach to emails, post on forums such as this, etc., than video (or native xplains).

cheers,

Martin.