Reset rotation?

HelpXplain is the exciting new animated infographics and screencast tool that integrates with Help+Manual.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Martin Wynne

Reset rotation?

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

A shape can be rotated with the mouse, good, and the angle shows in the bottom status bar (but not in the ribbon?), good.

But I can't find a button to reset it to zero? The only way to get back to zero rotation is by fiddling with the mouse until it displays zero (which still might be a tiny fraction out).

A function to set the rotation to zero, or set it to say 5 degree steps up/down would be handy. And a field to enter an exact angle if needed.

It's needed if you want to have two shapes at exactly the same angle, in the same slide or in a following slide.

cheers,

Martin.
Simon_Dismore

Re: Reset rotation?

Unread post by Simon_Dismore »

Hi Martin, if you hold <Shift> while rotating, the angle is constrained to multiples of 15 degrees relative to the original orientation.
Martin Wynne

Simon_Dismore wrote:Hi Martin, if you hold <Shift> while rotating, the angle is constrained to multiples of 15 degrees relative to the original orientation.
Thanks Simon, that's great.

But 15 degrees is quite a large step. Ideally I would like something finer, or perhaps a field to enter a precise angle. For example 22.5 degrees (1/4 of a right-angle), or 1 radian (57.296 degrees).

cheers,

Martin.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Martin, Simon,

CTRL+ALT+Arrow Keys rotates in very small increments. 8)

https://helpandmanual.com/help/gf_inter ... board.html
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Martin Wynne

Tim Green wrote:CTRL+ALT+Arrow Keys rotates in very small increments. 8)
Thanks Tim.

That increments/decrements the angle in 1-degree steps, without snapping to whole degrees if previously rotated by mouse to a fractional angle.

Using SHIFT+mouse uses 15-degree steps, and does snap to the nearest 15-degree multiple.

Between them it's possible to get what you want, and/or reset to zero rotation, but I would still like to see a field where I could enter any required angle directly.

cheers,

Martin.