Image slider file names

HelpXplain is the exciting new animated infographics and screencast tool that integrates with Help+Manual.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Simon_Dismore

Image slider file names

Unread post by Simon_Dismore »

When importing files to create an image slider, images are sequentially numbered, start at 2 (?).
Default image naming.png
It would be more useful if the filenames could [optionally] be used as the image names. That would in my case mean allowing spaces, hyphens and leading digits, all of which are currently illegal in image names.

By the way, on my laptop the edit window for changing image names is too small.
Cannot create names containing underscores or starting with number.png
Ideally I'd like to be able to set the default stem of the Slide name, so that I can import images in sets according to which part of the business process is being performed, e.g. instead of Slide 1, Slide 2, Slide 3 have Order entry 1, Order entry 2, Stock check n (could start at 1 or continue existing sequence, I don't mind).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Re: Image slider file names

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Which screen resolution and text magnification (system DPI) do you use on this computer?
images are sequentially numbered, start at 2

Confirmed, that's a bug.
That would in my case mean allowing spaces, hyphens and leading digits
These are the internal object names and they don't allow spaces or leading digits. Slide names are different, we manage their names internally to make sure there are no duplicates.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
Simon_Dismore

Alexander Halser wrote:
Which screen resolution and text magnification (system DPI) do you use on this computer?
Resolution: 1920x1080 (recommended) which is native
Scale and layout: 150% (recommended)
Let Windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry: On

Update, I changed Let Windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry: to Off and re-started
That made no difference to the size of the edit window. Might be a font issue?
Simon_Dismore

Simon_Dismore wrote:
Alexander Halser wrote:
Resolution: 1920x1080 (recommended) which is native
Scale and layout: 150% (recommended)
Let Windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry: On or Off makes no difference
It's a combination of factors I think. Partly it's the margins in the editbox that pops up when press F2. You either need to render the un-edited version in the tree using the same (configuration-dependant) margins, which you can retrieve from an editbox, or set the editbox margins to match the ones used when you render the object tree.
F2 Edit window margins problem.png
But it also looks as though a larger font is being used in the editbox. This image shows two screenshots overlaid in 'darken' mode. White 'Capture1' text on blue background is highlighted object in tree before editing, black 'Capture1' is from the editbox after pressing F2 (other text is exactly aligned on the two screenshots). The width of the black 'Capture1' is a couple of pixels wider than the white one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

That message comes when you don't log out after a DPI change. Does it still happen when you restart Windows or log off and in again?
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
Simon_Dismore

Alexander Halser wrote:
That message comes when you don't log out after a DPI change. Does it still happen when you restart Windows or log off and in again?
Well, however it turned on originally, I reset it manually (i.e. to off), restarted twice, checked it was off, then started HelpXplain and did the screen captures in my last message. I've just checked again, and it is still off.