Does HelpXplain Work With Delphi VCL Apps?

HelpXplain is the exciting new animated infographics and screencast tool that integrates with Help+Manual.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Re: Does HelpXplain Work With Delphi VCL Apps?

Unread postby Alexander Halser » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:03 pm

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the details, I could duplicate it in the meantime. The result obviously varies from Windows version to version, but on Win10 it is correct, that an application that runs in a user context with limited rights cannot "see" another application that runs in an admin context. Windows separates the two for security reasons and despite HelpXplain creates a temporary system-wide mouse hook to receive the mouse messages, it doesn't receive a single click in this case. I doubt that we can find a solution around this limitation, this seems to be intentional.

which makes it great for promotional sliders on a website

It is not just the content of the Xplains that you can customize, you could also customize the player skin. We had a custom player skin with a permanent overlay in one of the corners, that implemented a link to our download page. The custom skins are explained briefly here:
https://www.helpandmanual.com/help/gf-d ... skins.html

But this help topic is just a starter. I'd be glad to help you with the implementation of a particular function.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Re: Does HelpXplain Work With Delphi VCL Apps?

Unread postby Steve Gill » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:40 am

Alexander Halser wrote:It is not just the content of the Xplains that you can customize, you could also customize the player skin. We had a custom player skin with a permanent overlay in one of the corners, that implemented a link to our download page. The custom skins are explained briefly here:
https://www.helpandmanual.com/help/gf-d ... skins.html

But this help topic is just a starter. I'd be glad to help you with the implementation of a particular function.

Thanks Alexander. I'll get back to you when I've had a closer look at this.

= Steve
Steve Gill

Previous

Return to HelpXplain Infographics Tool