Wait after last animation

HelpXplain is the exciting new animated infographics and screencast tool that integrates with Help+Manual.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Martin Wynne

Re: Wait after last animation

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Kimberly Hitchens wrote:Would "autoplay mode-->Show Duration" do what I'm seeking? On the Slide transition menu? Or does that only affect the length of the transition itself?
Hi Hitch,

"Transition" applies to the interval between slides, not the display time for a slide. See my previous post.

"Autoplay Duration" should I think do what you want, but I can't get it to work, and I leave it set on say 0.5 seconds. (Setting it to zero seems to cause a crash.)

To control the length of time for which a slide displays, I add a Pause time to the last animated object on the slide. You can control which is the last one with Reorder Animations. The sequence is shown by the orange numbers on the objects.

p.s. there is a full CHM Help file for HelpExplain -- you are complaining that your users don't read the docs... :)

p.p.s. my standard reply to such users is to suggest that they sit down with a nice boiled egg, and write again afterwards:

cheers,

Martin.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Hitch,
When I go into the objects list, and select a given animation (e.g. "spotlight 1"), for which I have set a "follow cursor" animation, I see no ability to add duration, delay or pause.
When the spotlight animation follows the cursor it runs in parallel to the cursor and uses the animation settings of the cursor. So those settings are grayed out when a spotlight is selected. What you need to do in this case is select the cursor, then you will be able to set the duration, delay and pause for both items, because they both use the same settings:
animation_start.png
I see the wee green number, telling me it's the 1st animation.
That may be the source of many of your problems: Green numbers mean that you have set your animations to be relative to slide EXIT. That means they won't start to play at all until the "next" command is issued, either automatically or by the user clicking on Next. Then all the Exit animations will play, and only when they are finished the presentation will move on to the next slide. The things you are trying to do all relate to the normal slide playing time, so you need to make those relative to the slide entry/start.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Kimberly Hitchens

Unread post by Kimberly Hitchens »

Martin Wynne wrote:
Kimberly Hitchens wrote:Would "autoplay mode-->Show Duration" do what I'm seeking? On the Slide transition menu? Or does that only affect the length of the transition itself?
Hi Hitch,

"Transition" applies to the interval between slides, not the display time for a slide. See my previous post.

"Autoplay Duration" should I think do what you want, but I can't get it to work, and I leave it set on say 0.5 seconds. (Setting it to zero seems to cause a crash.)

To control the length of time for which a slide displays, I add a Pause time to the last animated object on the slide. You can control which is the last one with Reorder Animations. The sequence is shown by the orange numbers on the objects.

p.s. there is a full CHM Help file for HelpExplain -- you are complaining that your users don't read the docs... :)

p.p.s. my standard reply to such users is to suggest that they sit down with a nice boiled egg, and write again afterwards:

cheers,

Martin.
I actually DID read the docs. Every bloody page and that's why my sense of humor is a bit thin about it. TWICE, trying to find how to delay the cursed things. And yes, of course, I know what a transition is. That's why I asked what I asked.

Hitch
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hitch,

I'd like to repeat my offer to have a look at a small demo project from you that isn't working the way you want. Just include a couple of slides with the components you want to have, and in the accompanying mail explain what you want it to do. I'll have a look at it, figure out how to do it and explain it to you. This would be much easier than this discussion. Just set it up in a single-file hmxz and mail it to me at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @).

I'm sure this is a fundamentally simple issue and I'd really like to be able to help you out here. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.