Spotlight size / Cursor size

HelpXplain is the exciting new animated infographics and screencast tool that integrates with Help+Manual.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

kevinotton

Spotlight size / Cursor size

Unread post by kevinotton »

Can't find any help on

1) changing default spolight size prior to capture or post capture
2) On changing the size, what the size is. Having to cut and paste the master to get the sizes the same.
3) Same with cursor
4) Changing sizes across a project for uniformity
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Spotlight size / Cursor size

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Kevin,

Spotlight size is changed with the green handle next to the spotlight. Spotlight position is changed with the yellow handle in the middle of the spotlight. You can't make a global change to the spotlight dimensions for the entire Xplain -- the idea is that you modify it individually in each slide for the spotlight to zoom in and out on what you are focusing on. The program automatically animates the transition between different sizes between slides.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Martin Wynne

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Hi Kevin,

While adjusting spotlight size, the actual size is shown in the status bar at the bottom of the screen. If you need to get them the same size.

cheers,

Martin.
kevinotton

Unread post by kevinotton »

Thanks, I can see the size in the corner and if I hover over the object in the tree and see the size.

In my project I have 23 slides where the spot light behavior is the same and it would make sense (to me) to do a global change and save repetition and a lot of time.

I appreciate not everyone will use this but I do wonder if you have created any real presentations as the current functionality and demos are not what people will really create.

I can share a play screen I have done for our software system they may make my point clearer

Kevin