New feature - Shape Blur

HelpXplain is the exciting new animated infographics and screencast tool that integrates with Help+Manual.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

New feature - Shape Blur

Unread postby kevinotton » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:59 am

Add option for a shape to have blur - ability to use a rectangle to blur a portion of the screen.

Was expecting to see it as an option in Shape properties.

Can only see it on images
kevinotton

Re: New feature - Shape Blur

Unread postby Gerold Krommer » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:47 am

This is already available although I feel access to some functions is not intuitive....

If you look in help for blur you'll find a description.

/Gerold
Gerold Krommer

Unread postby kevinotton » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:00 pm

Okay - found it, Thanks.

I was not looking at the page as an image, as you say not intuitive.
kevinotton

Unread postby Tim Green » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:07 pm

kevinotton wrote:I was not looking at the page as an image, as you say not intuitive.

We worked very hard on the interface but since the entire structure and way everything works here is quite new it was a little hard to make everything really intuitive. Some functions had to be grouped in specific ways that were unavoidable. However, once you have a grasp on the way Xplain pages function it starts to make sense. What I mean is, there is a learning curve here because things are unfamiliar and there are no similar applications, but the curve is actually relatively short. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread postby kevinotton » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:50 pm

It is a much better product than the version I did a little beta testing on.

You are correct that it is a new program and will take getting used too, many people like me will come from using other systems and try to carry that working practice across

I did look at the help and think an example on blurring text rather than a picture would help make it clearer.

So far so good, I have completed 2 small projects very easily and now playing with a more difficult 3rd one that will push all the boundaries.

Thanks
Kevin
kevinotton

Return to HelpXplain Infographics Tool