Importing images size

HelpXplain is the exciting new animated infographics and screencast tool that integrates with Help+Manual.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ga Bowen

Importing images size

Unread post by Ga Bowen »

I have a group of images that fit into an overall picture.

When I import them HXp seems to want to make them as large as possible.

Can you import objects keeping the relative scale?

Images may help. Overall screen:

Components all exported to real life sizes:

HXp import:

Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Importing images size

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ga,

I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at here. Since there is no "import" function in HelpXplain, what exactly are you doing when you are "importing" the images? Does your last picture show the state when you insert the images, before you scale them? It would help if you would describe each step you are performing here in a little more detail. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ga Bowen

Sorry, Tim.

I create the first image in Illlustrator.

Each separate object is exported to png. They are all exported to their determined sizes sizes eg. the green background is 1000 x 700, the buttons 50 x 50 etc.

When I insert the images, HXp scales them all differently eg. the green background 1:2, the buttons 1:6 etc.

When I insert the image I want the images on the same scale. Not bothered what that scale is, just that it is consistent. I can then put them together so they look like the first image.

Does this make sense?
Peter Muckle

Unread post by Peter Muckle »

HI,

Not sure if this is going to help, but a 50 x 50 image made in paint and saved as png is inserted at the correct size.

Cheers

Peter
Ga Bowen

Peter Muckle wrote:HI,

Not sure if this is going to help, but a 50 x 50 image made in paint and saved as png is inserted at the correct size.

Cheers

Peter
Cheers Peter, that does!

Some images are larger than the canvas, so obviously they won't scale relatively.

User interface error. :oops: