Zooming in

HelpXplain is the exciting new animated infographics and screencast tool that integrates with Help+Manual.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Mark Wilsdorf

Zooming in

Unread post by Mark Wilsdorf »

Just getting started looking a HX; trying to wrap my head around a couple things.

OK, so I believe I understand zoom effects as slide transitions, but my specific question is this: Let's say I have a slide of a large screenshot, and want to zoom in to focus on just part of the screenshot. How do I do that? By adding a separate slide which is a zoomed-in version of the first one? Or is there a way for HX to do the zooming in for me...for example, as an animation that begins 1s after the slide shows?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Zooming in

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Marc,

For a zoom effect you need to insert a slide on top of a slide. The size, position and orientation of the slide defines how the zoom will happen.

To understand this, you need to know that an Xplain is actually a single large HTML page viewed through a small window referred to as the viewport. Transitions between slides are effected by moving the page behind the viewport. Similarly, zooms and rotations by scaling and rotating the page behind the viewport. The targets for transitions like this are the "slides".
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Mark Wilsdorf

Re: Zooming in

Unread post by Mark Wilsdorf »

Ah...now I understand Example 03.

Thanks for the answer on this, and the Shapes question.