Problem with Effects > Lens > Overwrite

HelpXplain is the exciting new animated infographics and screencast tool that integrates with Help+Manual.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Mark Wilsdorf

Problem with Effects > Lens > Overwrite

Unread post by Mark Wilsdorf »

On slide 6 of an xlpain I'm using an Effects > Lens > Overwrite to "blank out" some text in two fields on the slide.

On slide 7, I only want to blank out one of the fields, so I apply just one lens, opacity set to 100%, color set to white. As soon as I click the checkmark to accept the change though, curiously HX jumps to slide 9.

If I go back to slide 7, the effect still is only partly applied, as if the opacity is under 100%. I tried setting the color to red, and verified that this is so: the effect background appears as light red, and the text is grayed, not blanked out as it should be.

This is a small test project (with the lens set to RED color on slide 7). If you want to examine it you can download at: www.goflagship.com/dnloads/files/anydesk1.xplain
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Problem with Effects > Lens > Overwrite

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Mark,

The download link isn't working, but that's actually a good thing. Please check the link and instead of posting it on the forum, mail it to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @). That's always a lot better for things like this involving testing. We can explain what happened/what the cause was on the forum later if applicable. :)

One possibility is that one or more of the elements involved may actually "belong" to another slide. You can check this with the Objects list. Zoom out so that you can see both slides and then select elements in the list and check where they highlight.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Mark Wilsdorf

Thanks Tim, I'll check it out when I get time.
Mark Wilsdorf

Tim,

I had Copied, then Pasted a slide twice to create duplicates of it...and all three were stacked on top of each other.

That was the problem...just part of learning the ins & outs of new software.

Thanks.