Javascript error

HelpXplain is the exciting new animated infographics and screencast tool that integrates with Help+Manual.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Gerold Krommer

Javascript error

Unread post by Gerold Krommer »

Just when I had the feeling I master Xplain a bit :frustration:

I have created a screencast using the latest and greatest Xplain 1.3.0.1286 and have NOT conciously added or changed ANY Javascript (much tooo bad at this).

The single slide animations work without error. Testung the animation with the button in the title bar gives me for every single slide
screenshot1.png
Creating the screencast and running it yields (not tooo surprisingly)
screenshot2.png
Sorry for the resolution, otherwise could not make it < 128 KB.

On a different note the text in the bubbles looks complete different than in the editor (can be seen in the screenshots). This was also the case in an early version of the screencast that worked...

And no, I do not know what I changed between the working and non-working version (apart from adding a bunch of animations...) :oops:

Wäääää! Should deliver today....

Thanks,

/Gerold
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Javascript error

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Gerold,

Can you send your .xplain file to me at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) ? If you do we can check it for you directly right away.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Hi Gerold,
The only thing that comes to my mind is that HelpXplain has not been updated completely, only parts of it. Please uninstall it, make sure that the installation folder does not longer exist, then reinstall.

The javascript error is odd. I have seen that before, but only with damaged javascript files. That would explain the error in line 0. Do you also get this error when you regularly publish it and view it in a web browser?

As for the text not displayed correctly, please send an example to Tim, as suggested.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
Gerold Krommer

Unread post by Gerold Krommer »

Just done it, no difference.

Tim sent me mail that he is able to reproduce the issue... curiosity killed the cat :evil:

/gerold
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Update: It turns out that the error was caused by setting an entire slide to invisible in the Objects list. This was not planned for entire slides and wasn't being handled correctly. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.