Lightbox loads ./xplain/*.html from root domain instead of relative path

HelpXplain is the exciting new animated infographics and screencast tool that integrates with Help+Manual.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

markusflow

Lightbox loads ./xplain/*.html from root domain instead of relative path

Unread post by markusflow »

Hi all,

we have embedded an Xplain project in Help & Manual.
When publishing WITHOUT option "Run in Lightbox after Click" everything works fine.

When publishing WITH option "Run in Lightbox after Click" (this is our preferred publishing methode) we run into an 404 and the main HTML file in the xplain is not found. The generated iframe searches for src="./xplain/dashboardtest.html" which is available. in the domain www.our-domain.de/help/de/xplain/dashboardtest.html, but the iframe searches for www.our-domain.com/xplain/dashboardtest.html

I totally do not understand due to the ./ before the xplain folder.

The preview looks good and also all data-urls:
xplain_preview.png
After the click, lightbox opens the iframe and searches on the root of the domain:
xplain_lightbox.png
Lightbox in local HTML export and CHM export works. Could this be a server configuration issue or is this maybe a known issue!?

Thanks, Markus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Lightbox loads ./xplain/*.html from root domain instead of relative path

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Markus,

I can't reproduce this behavior. Have you set anything unusual in your Xplain, for example any custom scripts or a redirect URL set in the Properties in the File menu?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
markusflow

Thanks for checking, Tim.

No custom scripts and no redirect URL. I will check for interfering web server configurations.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Markus,

Also, just to be sure, are you using the current versions of Help+Manual (8.1.0 Build 5536) and HelpXplain (1.3.0 Build 1290)?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
markusflow

Yes, latest versions.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Hi Markus,

Is this Help+Manual 7 or Help+Manual 8? HM7 used a slightly different method to load Xplains.
I totally do not understand due to the ./ before the xplain folder
The ./ refers to the current folder, which is the topic folder. The topic file, which hosts the Xplain, is located in www.our-domain.de/help/de/ and the Xplain is located in www.our-domain.de/help/de/xplain/dashboardtest.html. However, the media files of this Xplain are located in www.our-domain.de/help/de/xplain/dashboardtest/ (note that there is a sub-folder with the same name as the Xplain-HTML-file).

Can you verify that these folders are in place at the server? If you forgot to upload the sub-folders, the Xplain will not load.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH