Double Spacing in Callouts

HelpXplain is the exciting new animated infographics and screencast tool that integrates with Help+Manual.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Gerold Krommer

Double Spacing in Callouts

Unread post by Gerold Krommer »

Hi,

everytime I work with Xplain I struggle with the double text spacing appearing all over the places. I understand I have to set the text size explicitly in the design.
I did this and the spacing is correct in text boxes, but not in callouts. Also I do not understand why this must be done in such a central place what if I want 14pt of text one place and 12pt in another, do I have to live with the excessive spacing?

Interesting that in the slide animation preview the spacing is correct, but isn't in the whole preview and in the actual produced xplain.
2021-05-02_22-50-00.jpg
I don't do helpXplain a lot but feelingwise I spend 50% of the time trying to fix line spacing problems....

Thanks for any insight,

Gerold
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Double Spacing in Callouts

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Gerold,

The key here is setting explicit values for the text parameters in Design > Customize Theme, instead of leaving them set to (Auto). Once you do that, you will find they become controllable.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ray Rippey

Re: Double Spacing in Callouts

Unread post by Ray Rippey »

I was just going to inquire about this and here is the answer.. and it worked.

Thanks,

Ray