Regarding Search Content

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Vanitha R

Regarding Search Content

Unread post by Vanitha R »

hi Team,

When I search online help for content, I need the help to show the search text that is found including location of content.

How can I enable this. Please help asap.

Regards
Vanitha

I have attached sample search screen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Regarding Search Content

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Vanitha,

There are limited options for configuring the search results. It shows the topic where you found it with a live link to the topic and the first couple of lines of text. That is all, additional information there is not possible and will normally also not be needed. When you select a topic to display it all the hits in that topic will be highlighted, as shown in your example.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Vanitha R

Unread post by Vanitha R »

hi Tim,

The search result does not few lines of surrounding text in my case. Only topic , terms matched and score count.
I would like the surrounding text to be shown as it makes it easier to spot relevant content.

Regards
Vanitha
Simon_Dismore

Unread post by Simon_Dismore »

Vanitha R wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:35 pmI would like the surrounding text to be shown as it makes it easier to spot relevant content.
I think you need the "full" version of zoom indexer, and have to host the documentation on a CGI-enabled web server. You can read more in their documentation — seach for "context" and specifically "context size".
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Vanitha R wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:35 pmThe search result does not few lines of surrounding text in my case. Only topic , terms matched and score count.
The text is clearly visible in your screenshot in your post. It is not the text around a hit in the topic, but always the first words of the topic itself.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.