TOC re-arranging

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Mike Scott

TOC re-arranging

Unread post by Mike Scott »

Build 5473.
Just to report a minor issue with re-arranging topics in Project Explorer. The 4 left/up/down/right buttons lose focus after one moves an item, one has to re-select the item. This makes it harder to re-arrange items. And a few times I have had a crash when moving items.

Cheers -- Mike
Mike Scott
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: TOC re-arranging

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Mike,

I'm not quite sure what you mean here? Those buttons aren't focusable elements. You click on them with the mouse and when you need to use them again you need to click again. Could you describe what you're doing and what is different from the what you see as the previous behavior in a little more detail?

The current build is 5475.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Mike Scott

Unread post by Mike Scott »

I had an item "what's new" etc which I had moved to this position
problem1.png
I then pressed the left arrow because I don't want that item to be a child, and got
problem1.png
RE the clicking. Imagine you have an item in the Project Explorer you want to move up 6 positions. You ought to be able to select it once with a light click, then press the Up arrow 6 times. I am finding I have to press Up once, the click to select the item again, then Up again etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Scott
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the details. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce that at all. Everything is working normally with a single click for each operation and I also can't reproduce the crash. Please test this with another project: does it also happen there? If it doesn't, please mail me the project with which you can reproduce it at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) so that we can analyze the problem.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
John Johann

Unread post by John Johann »

I've noticed the same behaviour when moving topics via the arrows -- After I select a topic, click on an arrow and move it, the arrows lose focus (all 4 turn white)
Tim Green
Site Admin

John Johann wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:39 pm I've noticed the same behaviour when moving topics via the arrows -- After I select a topic, click on an arrow and move it, the arrows lose focus (all 4 turn white)
Could you provide a screenshot of a TOC in which this happens? Normally the arrow tools will be greyed out for the operations you can't perform from the current position.
Regards,

Private support:
John Johann

Unread post by John Johann »

Hi Tim,
I'm just after sending an email to support.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi John,

We received it with the Xplain showing the behavior you are getting. I can't reproduce it but our developers are looking into it.
Regards,

Private support: