Save changes --- Cancel

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ron Horn

Save changes --- Cancel

Unread post by Ron Horn »

So if I hit Close by mistake and I've made changes, I must either Discard or Save those changes. I can't Cancel and continue editing?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Save changes --- Cancel

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ron,

At first I thought you meant that the dialog didn't have a Cancel option but then I tried all the different ways of closing a project. It seems that the Cancel option doesn't work if you select Close in the File menu, but it does everywhere else. I've never seen this because I always have the Close options in the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar, at the left end of the Help+Manual program title bar). We'll fix this asap. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ron Horn

Well, thanks for the tip on the QAT - have not FULLY explored that aside from "save" but I'll be using that going forward to close :mrgreen:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hey Ron,
Ron Horn wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:30 pm Well, thanks for the tip on the QAT - have not FULLY explored that aside from "save" but I'll be using that going forward to close :mrgreen:
While we're at it, another underused feature is the universal search box in the bottom left corner. In addition to all the titles of all your topics (not the content) and names of open projects it can also locate all tools and functions in the program.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ron Horn

For me, it's bottom "left". But wow, that looks to have great potential. Clever and unique. I can see using that ALLOT for opening recent projects and finding collapsed topics.

So, since you invited me :mrgreen: - is there an option to control the max number of matches? It seems to be limited - understandable. But there's a scroll bar sometimes and hover/mousewheel will not scroll it. So just let me stretch (then remember) or just grow the window to fit the current screen. But, to your credit, the default size is far above what some apps have in similar circumstances. I hate be presented a list of items on even a modest resolution screen but in a small dialog window that I have to scroll through.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Ron,

right/left fixed. :roll:

The problematic Cancel when choosing close from the File menu is fixed. You can get the pre-release installer here if you want:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/download/ ... p-v810.exe
So, since you invited me :mrgreen: - is there an option to control the max number of matches?
No control. The number of matches is most likely controlled internally but I have no idea how many the setting is. As the Rolls Royce engineers used to say when asked about the horsepower of their cars: "Sufficient". 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Ron Horn

Tim Green wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:46 am While we're at it, another underused feature is the universal search box in the bottom left corner. In addition to all the titles of all your topics (not the content) and names of open projects it can also locate all tools and functions in the program.
Maybe intentional or just by chance. The search box will not match against items that are "Pinned" on the Open page?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Ron Horn wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:08 pmMaybe intentional or just by chance. The search box will not match against items that are "Pinned" on the Open page?
That's odd -- I just tested it and you're right. Nobody has ever noticed that before. I'm passing it on. 8)
Regards,

Private support: