Topic Keywords - can they apply to dynamic content?

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Simon_Dismore

Re: Topic Keywords - can they apply to dynamic content?

Unread post by Simon_Dismore »

Dave Gehman wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:23 pm Do I have this right: symlink = symbolic link or soft link?
Sorry, sloppy of me. I meant 'directory symbolic link' - have amended my earlier message :-)
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Simon,
Remote content was merged correctly, and was searchable via Zoom indexer, in each scenario. So the documentation is wrong. Tested in 8.1.0 and an old H&M 7 build 4434.
Interesting. The documentation of #MERGE hasn't been changed for a very long time and I wasn't aware of any changes, but developers often forget to pass these things on. I'll check into it. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Update on using #MERGE with Internet and server file references: This may work, depending on your system and configuration, but isn't guaranteed. In some cases it may be blocked by security settings/profiles, for example. If it works for you and you will always be doing the publish from the same system it should be OK. I'll update the help on this point at the next opportunity. :)
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Martin Wynne

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Tim Green wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:00 pm
Martin Wynne wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:28 pmIn that case, I think we need some PHP scripting in the topic, to pull in the <body> section of a linked page.
That won't work either, because it is also something that gets pulled in at runtime.
Hi Tim,

??? I'm using Zoom Indexer in spider mode on the live web site. When it requests the HTML page from the server, the PHP on the server will insert the external stuff and Zoom Indexer won't know the difference. Just the same as when spidering other PHP pages for content (such as this forum for example).

cheers,

Martin.
Tim Green
Site Admin

??? I'm using Zoom Indexer in spider mode on the live web site. When it requests the HTML page from the server, the PHP on the server will insert the external stuff and Zoom Indexer won't know the difference. Just the same as when spidering other PHP pages for content (such as this forum for example).
Sorry, I was referring to Zoom generating an index based on the output files locally.
Regards,

Private support: