Is link list supported in Word output?

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Dave Gehman

Is link list supported in Word output?

Unread post by Dave Gehman »

If the link list feature is able to populate the list in Word, I'm not seeing it in the output -- Word-Template-Simple-US.

Is link list supported in the Word publishing function? If it is, what options do I need to set?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Is link list supported in Word output?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dave,

Link lists work fine in Word. Are you inserting the list in the body of a topic?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dave Gehman

As opposed to the title?

Yes, it's in the area where (until you add something) you see "Enter topic text here."

I see a link consisting of the link list icon + "Link list to child topics in this chapter, 3 levels, excluding this topic."
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Dave Gehman wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:48 pm Yes, it's in the area where (until you add something) you see "Enter topic text here."

I see a link consisting of the link list icon + "Link list to child topics in this chapter, 3 levels, excluding this topic."
OK, and how is it formatted, i.e. what are you selecting for the link list formatting in the lower part of the dialog? This definitely works normally in Word, I've tested it multiple times myself. If it still doesn't work for you please send a small demo project to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we'll check it for you.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dave Gehman

Formatting is as follows:
Type of Link List:
-- Child topics of this chapter - 3 levels
-- Exclude this topic from list
[All other fields under Format left blank -- didn't want bullets, inline display or change date & didn't specify a fallback text]

I'll add a fallback text and re-output. It's possible that the barebones Word template is missing something.

If I still get an anomalous output (i.e., nothing showing up in Word where the list should reside), I'll do the Microsoft 'take two aspirin and call me in the morning' (reboot) and try again.