Show snippet as placeholder

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Dan Rosen

Show snippet as placeholder

Unread post by Dan Rosen »

In the editor, is there a way to show snippets as short placeholders rather than be fully expanded? For some of larger pages are built from a collection of snippets and having them appear as placeholders rather than fully expanded would make reorganizing them easier.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Show snippet as placeholder

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dan,

If you disable the option "Snippet begins a new paragraph" it creates an inline snippet that is shown as a placeholder. If you place that in a new paragraph it should achieve what you want. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dan Rosen

Unread post by Dan Rosen »

Hi Tim, Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for. While I have your attention :)

1. Is there a way to always open pages in a new tab?

2. How do I refresh a page that has links without having to re-open it? I've been re-opening the page, but it always replaces the the first tab before I get a chance to click on "open in a new tab"?

Thanks.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Dan Rosen wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:17 pm 1. Is there a way to always open pages in a new tab?

No, that isn't currently possible. You might want to post a request in the Wish List section.
2. How do I refresh a page that has links without having to re-open it? I've been re-opening the page, but it always replaces the the first tab before I get a chance to click on "open in a new tab"?
You can do that with the File > Reload Topic option in Project > Manage Topics. However, if the tab you are editing in contains unsaved changes those will be discarded when you do this, because the topic will be reloaded from disk. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to this in View > Program Options > Shortcuts (further down under the Topics heading).

In addition to this you can reload images from their files with a right-click option on the image (Picture > Reload).
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.