"No title" for all search results

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

vanderzyden

"No title" for all search results

Unread post by vanderzyden »

I get a useless "No title" as the title text for all entries in my search results. This happens even though I've tried to change <title><%TITLE%></title> in the HTML Source Code tab in the Full Text Search of the Webhelp section of my skin. No matter what variable I put there, nothing changes. I still get "No title" for all entries.

What do I need to do differently?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: "No title" for all search results

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Zyd,

You don't say what output format you are using (PDF, WebHelp, CHM, ePub, Word...) but if it is WebHelp that behavior would be typical of using an outdated skin from an earlier version of the program. Also try checking the Title Tag: field in the Topic Options tab instead of looking in the XML.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
vanderzyden

Unread post by vanderzyden »

How do I update my old skin with a new skin and keep all of my changes?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

vanderzyden wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:11 pm How do I update my old skin with a new skin and keep all of my changes?
That depends which skin you are using. In most cases you will have to add your changes to the new version. If the skin has configuration variables and you only changed those you just need to update the settings of the variables.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.