eViewer Search Tab Buttons

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Horst_Reichert_PN

eViewer Search Tab Buttons

Unread post by Horst_Reichert_PN »

As Dave was complaining to focus on Search allone...
...I add another one.
As I see eViewer seems to be based on Internet Explorer. It would be nice if the Search Tab could be set to a more modern flat style. Currently the buttons drop down list combo etc. seem to be from Windows95 days.

regards Horst
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: eViewer Search Tab Buttons

Unread post by Tim Green »

Horst_Reichert_PN wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:18 am Currently the buttons drop down list combo etc. seem to be from Windows95 days.
This has nothing to do with eViewer, which only provides the container for an encapsulated instance of WebHelp. The button there is a standard HTML <button> tag and what you see there is what you get on browsers in Windows. To change that you would need to change the HTML for the search button in the skin being used. However, that part of the page is generated by the Zoom search indexer, so it would be necessary to edit the source of that in this case. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Horst_Reichert_PN

Godd morning Tim,
but the WebHelp (here FireFox) looks better...

regards Horst
2020-09-30 10_15_26-NovaAnalysis™ _  Help Pages.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

but the WebHelp (here FireFox) looks better...
Every browser with a different HTML rendering engine renders every HTML element slightly differently. Firefox has its own rendering engine. Chrome, the new version of Microsoft Edge and Opera all use the Blink rendering engine from Google Chromium. IE uses Microsoft's Trident rendering engine, and that is also the WebView component on Windows, which programs like the eWriter eViewer must use if they want to implement a WebView. The components in Trident are ugly for the same reason that all the components in Windows have always been ugly: Everything in Windows is designed by engineers, not by designers. :roll:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Horst_Reichert_PN

IE uses Microsoft's Trident rendering engine, and that is also the WebView component on Windows, which programs like the eWriter eViewer must use if they want to implement a WebView.
I hope this will change soon...

regards Horst