Compatibility between version 6 to 8

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

fishfarmer

Compatibility between version 6 to 8

Unread post by fishfarmer »

Can the project file from version 6 be used to export HTML / PDF to version 8 without issues?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Compatibility between version 6 to 8

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Fish,
Can the project file from version 6 be used to export HTML / PDF to version 8 without issues?
No problem at all. The HM XML format is always upwardly compatible with later versions. You can just load the project in HM8 and edit and or publish without any conversion. However, you should use the latest versions of the PDF templates and the HTML skins. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
fishfarmer

Ok, thank you.

HMXZ file opens fine in the new version but the skin file pops up a message that have to upgrade to the new premium skin pack when attempting to export the web files.

So if a premium pack skin file was purchased in a prior Help & Manual version and modified I guess a new premium pack has to be purchased in order for it to export without error in version 8?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Fish,
So if a premium pack skin file was purchased in a prior Help & Manual version and modified I guess a new premium pack has to be purchased in order for it to export without error in version 8?
Possibly; it would depend on the specific skin. However, the more recent skins do better support the new HTML5 and CSS3 generated by the current version of Help+Manual. Which skin are you using, and which PP version do you have? You can find the installed version at the beginning of the Help+Manual Premium Pack chapter installed in the main HM help when you install the Premium Pack.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
fishfarmer

I believe it was the three framed blue skin that was in H&M version 6 which was modified. Is there a way of finding the specific skin version? The 8.2.1 version is the version I'm currently using.
Tim Green
Site Admin

fishfarmer wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:47 pm I believe it was the three framed blue skin that was in H&M version 6 which was modified. Is there a way of finding the specific skin version? The 8.2.1 version is the version I'm currently using.
Send me a couple of screenshots at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I'll be able to help you out. 8)
Regards,

Private support: