Xplain - shape outline missing on one side

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Carol_Ann

Xplain - shape outline missing on one side

Unread post by Carol_Ann »

Hi there

We are experiencing an ongoing problem with the outline in the shapes in the Xplains. On the rounded rectangle, the line on the left of the outline looks thin to invisible.

It is not happening to all outlines, but where it does occur, no amount of adjusting seems to be able to fix it.

Is there anyone who can assist with this?

Thank you.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Xplain - shape outline missing on one side

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Carol,

First make sure that you're using the current build of HelpXplain, which is 1.4 Build 1345. You can check with Help > About and download the update installer here if you need it:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html

One thing that may help here is to make sure that your shape outlines are explicitly defined in Design > Customize Theme. If your outlines are very thin, for example just 1 pixel, try increasing the thickness slightly. It's quite possible that rounding errors in web browsers can cause problems with very thin lines at some zoom settings.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Carol_Ann

Re: Xplain - shape outline missing on one side

Unread post by Carol_Ann »

Hi Tim

Thanks so much for you response. I see that the HelpXplain is up to date with the latest version.

The lines we are using though, are at 1 pixel, so I will try it out at two. Hopefully that will resolve it.

Thanks again. We are really enjoying the new addition to the Help & Manual.