Image shortcut in build 5750

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Frost

Image shortcut in build 5750

Unread post by Tim Frost »

I found that an image (from my baggage folder, with other images) pops up a dialog when I select it from the shortcut area in the lower half of the drop-down. This dialog offers to copy it to the first folder on the search list. I do not want it moved there, it is already on the search list, and all the hundred or so other uses of this image are correctly found when I build. I use this 'note-this' arrow image frequently, so I need it on the shortcut list, and I can see no way to avoid an unnecessary copy or move.

I deleted it from the shortcut list and re-added it, to be sure I had the one from the correct folder; but no change. When it appears in the recent list in the top half of the drop-down dialog, the folder is shown in the hint and I get no pop-up on selecting it.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Image shortcut in build 5750

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Tim,

Thanks for reporting this. It would be helpful for our developers if you could send an email on this to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) with some screenshots of what you are describing. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Frost

Unread post by Tim Frost »

Email sent to support
itexnz

Unread post by itexnz »

Also seeing the same behaviour started in latest build

The project search path is setup correctly
The images shortcuts menu continues to correctly show the images, but selecting an image for insert into the topic gives the dialog "Add file to project" with options:

* Copy File
* Add folder to the list --- also if you do select this, the path that gets added to the project's search path is a blank full path name and internally saved as "..\..\..\..\..\"
* Cancel
David Scott
Documentation Infrastructure Consultant
https://www.sourceone.co.nz
SourceOne. Documentation, engineered.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi David,

Thanks for your mail. We're looking into this. As I asked in my reply by email, could you give us an example of the path the image is on when you get this result? If you look at the relative path in the "Internally saved as..." information at the bottom of the dialog, the selected folder is a full 5 levels up from the current location of the project. What I'm wondering is whether the image might actually be on the root level of the hard disk, for example directly on C:\ or D:\, in which case there would not actually be a "folder name" to show.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
itexnz

Unread post by itexnz »

FYI as replied in email, issue also happens in the Getting Started sample project built into H+M.

shared images in question in my own projects were definitely not in the root of C:\ as was indicated by the relative path shown, they are in a subfolder of c:\dev\default\documents... at most one or two levels down and across from my project locations

I'm sure it's just a little annoyance you guys will resolve soon, I can work around in the meantime no worries :)
David Scott
Documentation Infrastructure Consultant
https://www.sourceone.co.nz
SourceOne. Documentation, engineered.