Recently opened topics

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

John Johann

Recently opened topics

Unread post by John Johann »

Hi,
In V7, I have a list of pinned recently opened projects in my preferred sequence when I launch H&M.
I tried to create a similar list in V8, however the "Move Up / Move Down" entry is no longer in the right-click context menu.
Have you hidden it somewhere else?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Recently opened topics

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi John,

If you select the ProjectName node at the top of the current project in the Project Explorer it shows you the recently-opened topics in the order in which they were opened. This list is similar to the one in HM7, which also never had an option for changing the order of the topics. The Customize button allows you to change the number of topics shown, but not the order, which is always chronological.

In the Open page in the FIle menu you can see the recently-opened projects. That gives you the option of "pinning" frequently-used projects at the top for quick access. But here too you can't change the order, and this has not changed since HM7.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
John Johann

Hi Tim,
I don't mean the Project Explorer for topics I'm talking about before I open a project.
In my H&M Version 7.5.4 Build 4760
File > Recent projects
There I see my recent projects (of which 6 are pinned in my preferred order).
When I right-click on an entry, I have the following options in the context menu:
Open Project
Open in new instance
Add to pinned projects (greyed out)
Remove from pinned projects
Remove from list
Move Item up
Move Item down

It is also mentioned in the help topic helpman.chm::/hm5_quickstart_recent.htm in V8

I can send you a screenshot if you don't believe me :-)

In V8, I only have
Open
Open in New Instance
Remove
Tim Green
Site Admin

The recent projects list has now been moved to the Open section in the File menu. But you're right, the move up/move down items are no longer in the context menu. I never used that myself, so I never noticed it. I'll check on it and post the answer here. :)
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Confirmation: The sorting is now automatic and the move up/move down options are no longer available there. :?
Regards,

Private support:
John Johann

Can you please put it on the wishlist :-)
When working on different (e.g. language) variants of the same project where the paths only differ minimally, it is much easier to open the one you want if it doesn't jump around.
Tim Green
Site Admin

John Johann wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:11 am Can you please put it on the wishlist :-)
Already done. 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi John,

Here you go:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/download/ ... p-v831.exe

The pinned items in Recent Files now hold their position when you click them instead of moving up to the top of the list automatically. You also have Move Up/Move Down in the right-click context menu, but only for pinned items. Everything unpinned is still sorted automatically. 8)
Regards,

Private support: